Do you have a gnat problem in your kitchen? Call (650) 309-1841 to get help.
Gnats are tiny black or brown insects with a thin body and are approximately ¼ inch long. They resemble small flies. Three main gnats’ types are common in homes: fungus gnats, phorid flies, or fruit flies.
Most gnats found in homes do not bite. However, some species such as the black fly feed on blood. On top of that, they often spread harmful diseases to livestock and human beings. The best gnats control provide effective and safe extermination methods to avoid further health hazards.
ALL ABOUT GNATS
What Attracts Gnats?
Gnats are attracted by organic matter and moisture. They are also attracted to damp areas inside your house. Most unsanitary habits attract these insects inside your house. And, once inside, gnats can be a nuisance. They reproduce quickly and are difficult to eradicate.
Gnats are more common in summer than in winter. In summer, the air outside is hot and dry. Thus, gnats come into your home in search of moisture and food.
How to Prevent Gnats?
As stated earlier, gnats are attracted by dirt, dampness and organic matter. The prevention of gnats involves eradication of all factors that attract gnaws.
- Always clean your dirty dishes
- Ensure that you clean dirty dishes after every meal. Leaving them in the sink attracts gnats in the search for food.
- Also, always throw away any food leftovers as soon as possible. Leaving them in the kitchen for long periods attracts these insects.
- Cover all trash cans and trash bags and empty them regularly. You’ll not only prevent gnats but also many other pests such as ants and rats.
- Reduce dampness in and around your home. Also, ensure that you seal all leaking pipes and drainages to prevent any further dampness.
- Avoid overwatering your plants. The moisture may attract these bugs.
Mighty Men Pest Control
- We value our clients. Our team is always dedication and commitment to offer the best services at all times.
- Our prices are competitive, probably, the best you will come across. And, we have no hidden charges.
- We have a team of experienced pest control experts. We have been in the gnat control business for more than a decade. No project is too complex for us.
- We understand the nuisance caused by gnats and all other pests. When you contact us with a gnat problem, our team will inspect your home in and out to come up with the best solution for your problem.
- Our clients are pleased with our work. This is evident from the numerous positive reviews by most of the people we serve.
We lead, others follow. Your satisfaction is our priority. Reach us today for a free estimate, call (650) 309-1841.